HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS THAT WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE HUMID WEATHER

by - October 23, 2017

Annyeong, chingus!

It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry! Been a #TeamBahay person lately bingeing on K-dramas and other tv shows lol! But, I am back and I think the last three months of 2017 will be a tad more active and hopefully that can make up for my absence. 

To be fair, I wasn't completely sprawled on the bed 24/7. I had been testing out some products lately to help my skin through the humid weather. September was sort of a transitional month for my skin as the weather had been super unpredictable. The day would start hot then will occasionally rain here and there. Weird, frustrating and unbearable! Especially if you're the mainitin type. It wasn't helping my skin either. I had a ton of breakouts on my face, especially on my chin/neck, which might be more of a hormone-related problem but the weather has made it worse for me. I know it's already mid-October but I had to make sure it really worked on my skin before I recommended it to anyone.

Since this is my first time to tackle beauty/skincare, I want to remind everyone reading this blog post that you need to know your skin type first before you use some of these products. I have oily/combination skin, which means that I have large pores and can easily breakout plus my skin can get really oily, especially in the afternoon. These products have gotten me through the day whether I'm at home or out and about. I've also added a few items from my makeup bag that you might want to try out as well so without further ado, here are the seven holy grail products I swear by in any weather and ocassion - but most importantly, through the humid weather!

1. April Skin Magic Stone (Black)
This soap is literally one of the best! I was skeptic about it at first because I though it was all hype but when I got desperate to clear out my acne, it did the job! I also noticed that my skin was less oily throughout the day than before because of this soap. Definitely worth a try in my case!

How I use it: I switch out my routine from time to time depending on what I will be doing throughout the day. Sometimes I used the April Skin Magic Stone in the morning; sometimes I would use it in the evening then use my Human Nature Acne Defense facial wash in the morning; sometimes I use the Magic Stone three times a day. It dries out my skin but it's what I needed if my acne got really out of hand. 


Where I bought it: I bought it at an online shop on Instagram called dongdae_ph for only PHP 350.00! Other shops sell this for around PHP 400-900.00.


2. [COSRX] Acne Pimple Master Patch
This product is a saint! I can't believe I didn't use it sooner. When we went to Korea, I kept seeing these patches but didn't pay attention to it but I kinda regret it now. Leave this on for a few hours and you'd definitely notice that your pimples have gotten smaller than the day before.

How I use it: I usually leave the patches overnight so it can work its magic. The patches work best if the area is already swollen and almost ready to pop.


Where I bought it: Bought this in the same online shop as the Magic Stone on Instagram for only PHP 150.00! If you're lucky, you might be able to purchase it for PHP 109.00 on their Shopee store!

3. Acne Defense Solution Gel
I bought this product at Human Nature for PHP 199.75. Pricey for a small bottle but if you will only use it a few times a week, it will definitely last for months. The product's main ingredient is tea tree which is clinically proven effective in reducing and clearing pimples. 

How I use it: Unlike the patches wherein I wait for whiteheads to appear, I use the solution gel as soon as I start to feel bumps on my face to prevent it from worsening. I use my Human Nature Balancing toner first then after it dries, I start dabbing the gel on the areas where I need treatment then let it dry before continuing with my routine.


Where I bought it: I bought mine through their official website but you may opt to visit any Human Nature branches if there is one nearby.

4. Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder
Having oily skin can be such a pain no matter where or who you are. I didn't actually think that this would be effective but I was so surprised with the results! My face was dry for up to five (5) hours after I tested it while running errands. It doesn't matter if you put it as is or if you decide to put it after your foundation/BB Cream, your face will stay oil-free. Of course, there is an exception like if you wipe your face after sweating but a pat or two will fix it right up.
(Fun fact: when I bought this product, I didn't know that this was a hit in South Korea. I only found out while watching Get It Beauty on TvN last month which was voted #1 after having the audience and random people test it)

How I use it: Recently, I'm rocking the no-makeup look (because I rarely leave the house anyway) but sometimes I use it as is or if I want to look a little *extra*, I use my BB Cushion first then the mineral powder next. 


Where I bought it: I bought this product at another online shop called seoulfindsmnl on Instagram for PHP 555.00 (Buy 1, Take 1!).

5. Pony Effect Mascara
Any waterproof mascara ought to do the job to last the day but Pony captured my heart with the bristles of her makeup line's mascara. I also like how my eyelashes look more naturally long and lightweight compared to other mascaras out there. 

How I use it: I usually do one coat on regular days but there are moments that I like to coat my lashes twice to make it look longer and for my eyes to look bigger because I have chinita eyes hehe.


Where I bought it: I bought mine at the DOOTA Duty Free in Dongdaemun but upon searching for one here in the Philippines, even online, seemed like a dead end. I'll try to keep you updated if I ever see one, though!


6. Chateau Labiotte Wine Lip Tint in Sauternes Coral (CR02)
I'm the type of person who doesn't put on makeup going to school like 95% of the time but there are moments that I want to put something light and still natural looking. This lip tint is my go-to product in moments when I want a little color. Truth be told, this is actually my very first lip tint in my entire life. I know most girls, if not all, in high school use lip and cheek tints but I used my extra minutes sleeping than trying to look like a girl lol.

How I use it: I am currently obsessed with gradient lips like what sichenmakeupholic and Pony do in many of their tutorials so when we went to South Korea, I went crazy with the lip products and having been intrigued for quite some time with Chateau Labiotte, I decided to purchase one. The smell is also amazing, btw!

Where I bought it: I bought the mascara and the lip tint when we flew to South Korea last March. I bought this at their store in Hongdae but you can find these ON SALE FOR ONLY PHP 400 AT DARA BEAUTY MARKET! (Hurry! While stocks last!)

7. Everbilena Eyebrow Coat
Honestly, I was skeptical of this product at first but I simply could not let it go after trying it! You can rub your eyebrows a million times and it wouldn't smudge (don't try it though, you'll probably lose strands of hair. It's also sweat proof and I've also tried swimming with it on, it stayed as long as you don't scratch your eyebrows I guess lol.

How I use it: Before I put on this eyebrow coat, I have to make sure that I am satisfied with how my brows look because I will have a tough time erasing or adding more color to my brows as soon as it's on. Fair warning though: if you plan to use a different brush, the smell after it dries out is a little weird so be sure to wash your brush before using it again.


Where I bought it: This was actually a pasalubong from my tita and cousin when they went to Osaka, Japan. They bought this at Daiso/Don Quixote but upon checking some of the Daiso stores here in the Philippines, I couldn't find one. You might be lucky if you have a store nearby, though! Better check it out. If your quest fails, there's always online shops. I actually found one seller on Shopee but I haven't bought from them yet. It also costs PHP 125.00 instead of PHP 88.00.


Besides these seven items on the list, I totally recommend you to try Leaders' Teatree Relaxing Mask (which is hard to find btw) or The Face Shop The Solution Pore Care Face Mask. Both are very pricey, the one from The Face Shop is around PHP 150.00 per mask and the one from Leaders cost around PHP 700.00 in Daiso Myeongdong (yup, I bought it in South Korea) but it's definitely worth it and effective. Also, be sure to drink a lot of water, avoid touching your face (or use alcohol/sanitizer first before touching it), use blotting sheets especially if you're out and about all day to control the oil on your face and maintain a healthy and balance diet (which I'm failing btw lol!). 



Hey there! Did you find this article useful? Feel free to share this with your friends and family by clicking one of the share buttons below. If you have any suggestions/comments, leave a comment below. If you want to collaborate, send me an e-mail at withlovesamblog@gmail.com. Kamsahamnida!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Kamsahamnida! Have a great day!