[UPDATED] BRIDE OF THE WATER GOD—TVN PHILIPPINES

by - June 21, 2017

Image result for bride of the water god kdrama poster

Daebak! We will be able to watch the upcoming TvN drama here in the Philippines! 

I was actually planning to tune in on July 3 to really see if I can get a glimpse of the series before I blogged about it but fortunate enough, while I was scanning for something interesting on televison, a five second teaser of the drama appeared on TvN along with a small banner on the upper right side! Nakaka-excite na!

If you have seen my previous post (K-Dramas Worth Bingewatching), you might have seen a few details that I posted about Nam Joo Hyuk's latest project. I wasn't able to confirm it back then so I am bringing you an update and what to expect from this new drama.

Image result for bride of the water god manhwa

TvN's The Bride of the Water God is said to be a spin-off of the manhwa written by Yoon Mi Kyung since the original setting was in ancient China and the characters wore the Hanfu, a traditional Chinese clothing. As we can all see from the teaser trailers, the drama used more modern elements such as clothing, setting, etc. It tells a story of the Habaek (water god) who falls in love with Soah, a girl from the village that was offered to the god in exchange of rain to end the devastating drought. The god then brought Soah to his water palace and their new life begins. Not much information has been released about the adaptation but according to Asian Wiki, Soah/So-A will be a psychiatrist!

Here is the list of actors that are confirmed to star in the new drama:

Nam Joo Hyuk as the Habaek
Shin Se Kyung as Yoon So-A
Lim Ju Hwan as Hoo Ye
Krystal as Mo Ra
Gong Myung as Bi Ryum

It has also been reported that Kang Ha Neul (The Heirs, Scarlet Heart Ryeo) and Yang Dong Geun (Missing Nine, The Three Musketeers) will make an appearance in the drama.

Catch The Bride of the Water God on TvN (Channel 160 - Cignal), Tuesdays and Wednesdays at  9:45 PM


Hey there! Did you find this article useful? Feel free to share this with your friends and family by clicking one of the share buttons below. If you have any suggestions/comments, leave a comment below. If you want to collaborate, send me an e-mail at withlovesamblog@gmail.com. Kamsahamnida!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. The best Korean drama ever for me. I really love the on-screen and off screen tandem of Shin Se Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk. They are so perfect together. I never ship an actors before that really affect on my views on celebrities only on with these two, I really wish they will have another project soonest, it could be a magazine shoot, CF, another Kdrama or a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Made my day :) I loved the drama as well! Wish they would've added more episodes because I couldn't get enough of them! Wishing they could work together again, too!

      Delete

Kamsahamnida! Have a great day!